The annual SIGIR-AP conference is an annual ACM-sponsored international forum that promotes and disseminates information retrieval research and development within the Asia-Pacific region defined as all of Asia, Australasia, and the islands of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. The 1st ACM SIGIR-AP conference, to be held in Beijing from the 26th to the 29th of November 2023, welcomes contributions related to any aspect of information retrieval and access. The main conference is a two-day event, with a tutorial day and a workshop day before and after the main conference.
SIGIR-AP 2023 is looking for proposals for tutorials that explore topics relevant to information retrieval and its practical uses. Each tutorial should focus deeply on a single subject. For example, tutorials might cover well-established areas of information retrieval, introduce new applications of retrieval technologies, or provide updates on recent advances in related fields.
- Time zone: Anywhere On Earth (AOE)
- Proposal submission: September 24, 2023
- Proposal acceptance notification: October 7, 2023
- Camera-ready due: October 17, 2023
- Tutorial day: November 26, 2023
Submissions should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should include the following elements:
- Title and length (either half-day, e.g. 3 hours plus breaks, or full day, e.g., 6 hours plus breaks) of the tutorial.
- Tutorial format, i.e., on-site or online. The presenters should indicate whether or not all / some presenters commit to attending in person. Commitment to on-site tutorials will be a positive point when deciding which tutorials are accepted. If tutorial presenters commit to attending in person but fail to do so, the tutorial might be canceled.
- Intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and prerequisite knowledge or skills required.
- Detailed contact information of all presenters (and an indication of the main contact person).
- Brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter, highlighting relevant experience in presenting tutorials, teaching grad classes, organizing summer schools, etc.
The extended abstract (no longer than 4 pages) should include the following sections:
- Relevance to the information retrieval community and reference to tutorials in the same area at SIGIR or related conferences (including WSDM, WWW, KDD, ACL, RecSys, ICML, etc.).
- Format and detailed schedule.
- Type of support materials to be supplied to attendees.
Tutorial proposals should be prepared in the current ACM two-column conference format. Suitable LaTeX, Word, and Overleaf templates are available from the ACM Website (use the “sigconf” proceedings template). The submissions will be reviewed by a program committee selected for this purpose, and final decisions will be made at the SIGIR-AP Program Committee meeting.
Proposals should be submitted in PDF through the EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sigirap2023tutorials
The organizers of accepted tutorials will be invited to submit a camera-ready summary of the tutorial, to be included in the conference proceedings.
Jiaxin Mao, Renmin University of China
For further information, please contact the SIGIR-AP 2023 Tutorial chairs by email: email@example.com